Here is a useful presentation we will use in class.
- Label a diagram of the brain. Annotate the diagram to include functions of the parts.
- Explain how animal experiments, lesions and FMRI scanning can be used to identify the brain part involved in specific functions.
- Explain sympathetic and parasympathetic control of heart rate, movement of the iris and blood flow to the gut.
- Explain the pupil reflex and discuss the concept of brain death and the use of the pupil reflex in testing for this.
- Outline how pain is perceived and how endorphins can act as painkillers.