Welcome back, SENIORS!
In approximately 165 school days, you will have finished your high school careers, survived the rigors of the IB, and (hopefully!) walked across the stage to receive your diploma …
Lots to do before then, so let’s get started!
We will begin with Topic 6, which is all about Human Health and Physiology. The syllabus guide is here: Topic-6-syllabus-outline
Jumping right into the digestive system, here are some of the questions we will answer:
- Explain why digestion is necessary, and what role enzymes play in digestion.
- Draw and label a diagram of the human digestive system.
- Outline the functions of the main parts of the digestive system.
- Distinguish between absorption and assimilation.
- Relate the structure of the villus to its function.
We’ll also do a dissection of animal intestines, so look forward to that! When else will you have the opportunity to put your hand inside a goat’s stomach or simulate peristalsis with real intestines?